Pest Control & Exterminator Services in Plaistow, NH
Serving Rockingham County since 1984
Plaistow, NH, the small, southernmost town in Rockingham County, New Hampshire, is home to about 7,700 people. Though it’s a stone’s throw (or rock’s toss, perhaps) from Massachusetts and the eternally busy Route 495, it’s New Hampshire Route 125 that really kicks up dust in town. But that choked highway just gives passersby more time to enjoy the beautiful homes and weather southern New Hampshire has to offer.
Speaking of beautiful homes, when Colonial Pest Control comes around, it’s not the highway we’re concerned about being choked, it’s the insects that infest your kitchen, basement and attic. We’ve got the tools and the knowledge to rid your home of any pest, no matter how many legs it has. Take a look at some of the most common critters you’ll find in Plaistow:
- Termites: In New England, termite colonies can be found underground. They’re called subterranean termites and they nest in the soil around your home. You’ll also find tubes they’ve constructed from saliva that head directly to a food source—also known as your home. Worker termites cause the most damage of all termite varieties. They’re very small and white or tan in color. They don’t just burrow into wood; they’ll eat it whole. We use the Sentricon Termite Colony Elimination System to assure complete and total devastation to the insects that seek to cause a lot of damage to your home.
- Bed Bugs: To some, there is absolutely nothing worse than waking up in a bed full of itchy, crawling, biting bugs—especially because they’re so hard to kill for most pest control companies. But Colonial Pest Control won’t sit back and wait for the bugs like traditional extermination methods call for. We go right after the bugs’ hiding places and find the adults, nymphs, and eggs, which is the only sure way to totally rid your house of these pests.
- Fleas: Believe it or not, you can get fleas without ever owning an animal. Fleas can ride into your home on wild animals nesting in your attic, garage, or under your deck. If you don’t immediately detect fleas in your home, you’ll definitely know they’re around when you start getting bites on the lower calf and ankle area of your leg. Call Colonial for a comprehensive treatment that includes cutting off the reproduction cycle of these insects, which is the main reason they multiply so quickly and are so hard to kill.
- Rodents: Mice and rats alike are equally damaging. They get into your attic or your basement, chew on electrical wires, insulation and anything else they can get their pointy teeth on. This means expensive structural repairs and rewiring if the rodents are left unchecked and allowed to reproduce. Colonial Pest Control doesn’t let that happen. We use a variety of techniques that will change depending on your specific situation. Generally, we identify popular thoroughfares along sideboards or vents and place low-impact traps in those areas. Once the rodent infestation is eliminated, we employ preventative measures to keep them from coming back. This includes sealing all small openings and installing door sweeps. Preventative rodent measures are even a good idea for those homeowners who have yet to experience a rodent infestation.
- Wildlife: Skunks, opossums, woodchucks, and raccoons are examples of pests that have thrived in many communities even when it’s dangerous for them to do so. Colonial Pest Control has the equipment required to remove these pests from your home if they get trapped in your basement or attic. Don’t underestimate the cornered animal’s ability to cause damage, either. These wild animals can carry rabies or other diseases that will affect you and your children. As with rodents, we use exclusion methods to make sure these intruders don’t return to cause damage or disease to your property or family.
- Carpenter ants: When you use the most advanced technology like Colonial Pest Control does, you can sleep easy at night knowing you’ve eradicated an entire colony of wood-destroying pests like carpenter ants. We use the Microgen Micro-Injector to locate entire colonies and quash them before they have a chance to damage your basement or damp, weight-bearing beams. Our technicians are trained to locate these colonies quickly.