Pest Control & Exterminator Services in Hampton, NH
Serving Rockingham County since 1984
Hampton, New Hampshire, could be called one of New England’s top resort towns. Since the 1850s, when rail travel brought people from the inland to the coast, Hampton has maintained scenic beaches and touristy shopping and recreation areas during the summer months.
Even though the tourists come by highway these days, there is no shortage of New England charm in one of the Granite State’s southernmost entryways to the Great White North.
Here at Colonial Pest Control, we’re dedicated to keeping the homes and businesses around Hampton as bug-free as can be. In fact, the technicians at Colonial are the very neighbors and friends you meet in Hampton for a day out with the family.
If we’re servicing a New Hampshire customer, we’re doing it with New Hampshire technicians. That’s how we stay on top of a region’s biggest pests, such as:
Birds: We’re not talking about your exotic songbirds or pretty little finches; instead, we offer bird-proofing services on three of the biggest winged pests ever to grace New England. All three of these birds form large flocks and spread disease through their droppings and mites. This is especially problematic in high-volume tourist areas like Hampton.
- Pigeons: Hardly an explanation needed—these are the gray-winged, green-and-purpled-headed birds that strut around your bench on the boardwalk trying to nab a French fry. You often see many pigeons perched together on restaurant overhangs, docks and on power lines above your parked car.
- Starlings: Starlings form huge flocks and they love to talk. You’ll notice them especially around dusk when they’ve just returned from feeding and are settling in for the night. You’ll see them on power lines, trees, or roofs.
- House Sparrows: Though they seem playful and fun, house sparrows are very aggressive with other birds. A house sparrow family in your home’s light fixtures or roof eaves will mean fewer exotic species and desirable local birds.
Colonial Pest Control has more than 25 years of experience bird-proofing homes and businesses, so if you’re looking for a humane solution to your bird problem, call Colonial today.
Squirrels: Squirrels are one of the most common nuisances for those living in the forest or near places where food is readily available (i.e. a boardwalk or restaurant). Once a family of squirrels has made residence in your attic, you’ll hear them. They’ll run around, chew power lines and leave a lot of waste that you don’t want to have to deal with.
Worst of all, once a squirrel has gained entry through a small porthole, there’s an increased chance that a raccoon or possum looking for food will do the same.
Colonial Pest Control rids your home of these woodland critters by a combination of the following:
- Live trapping. Our expert technicians will identify popular thoroughfares for the squirrels and install effective traps to catch them before they chew right through your fuse box.
- Exclusion. This is the process by which we close up all points of entry in your home that a squirrel might use. We use a temporary one-way porthole-type device at the most popular entryway that squirrels can use to leave, though it will prevent them from re-entering. This way, when a squirrel realizes it’s stuck out in the cold, it will move on to a more natural habitat.
- Prevention. This generally includes repairing or galvanizing potential entryways to prevent squirrels from ever gaining access. This is a must-have for businesses and critter-prone homes, as it will ensure your squirrel-free future.
Never attempt to eradicate squirrels on your own. They carry diseases like rabies, tick fever, and several viruses. Leave it up to the professionals at Colonial Pest Control.
Bugs: From spiders to rice weevils, Colonial Pest Control is the region’s leader in all things creepy and crawly. We’re highly experienced at handling Black Widow spiders, bed bugs, fleas, ants, termites, and even cockroaches. Our friendly staff features two entomologists that routinely back up our technicians in the field. If you have an insect infestation, even if you don’t know what they are or where they came from, contact Colonial Pest Control today at 1-800-525-8084 and we will have your home or business spic and span in no time at all.