Pest Control, Exterminator & Wildlife Removal in Burlington, MA
Serving Middlesex County since 1984
Burlington was first settled in 1641 near the Ipswich River. Early on the town thrived on an agricultural base, growing and selling hops and rye to Boston. Once Route 128 was built in the 1950s, Burlington expanded rapidly, and the population and commercial ventures grew exponentially. Today, Burlington is home to the Burlington Mall and the Middlesex Mall; the Lahey Clinic medical center; a Northeastern University campus; and the Mill Pond Conservation area.
Burlington also has several connections to the world of entertainment. The movie Mall Copwas filmed at the Burlington Mall, scenes from The Company Men starring Ben Affleck were filmed at a Burlington office building, and it’s been the home of comedians Amy Poehler and Steven Wright.
Burlington is also the home, unfortunately, to a variety of pests. The Mary Cummings Park in particular, because of its state of neglect and disrepair, is a tremendous breeding ground for all of the following:
- Squirrels, which many don’t think of as pests because of their sweet faces and fluffy tails, can cause all sorts of damage to your home if they set up shop.
- Bats, which can carry rabies and be very frightening when they’re trapped in your home.
- Termites, which every homeowner dreads, can infest your walls and cause massive structural damage over years without ever showing their hungry little faces.
- Ants, which can spoil more than a picnic if they come marching in and help themselves to the food in your cabinets.
- Bed bugs, which are hard pests to see and harder pests to get rid of. But you’ll know about them if you wake up with bed bug bites.
- Wasps and bees, who have no problem setting up shop in attics, overhangs, and eaves, and will invite you to their stinging party whether you want to go or not.
- Mice and rats, the scourge of the rodent world, can carry nasty diseases and chew their way into and out of the least likely places.
At Colonial Pest Control, we know there’s a lot more to getting rid of pests than just spraying insecticide or laying down traps. We take the time to know what sort of pests are present in Burlington, understand their behavior, and eliminate them in the safest, least toxic, most humane way possible. If pests are plaguing you, call Colonial Pest Control today at 1-800-525-8084!