Pest Control & Exterminator Services in Farmington, NH
Pest Control in Farmington, New Hampshire
Considered one of the best places to live in the country, Farmington, New Hampshire, has about 7,000 residents and roughly 188 people per square mile. The median age is 40.4, but many seniors, students, and young professionals all call this town their home.
Unfortunately, rodents and other pests also make their homes in this beautiful little town. If they are infesting your home or business, you need professional pest control services from Colonial Pest. We are the trusted leader in pest control in Boston and the surrounding area.
The History of Farmington, New Hampshire
In the late 1700s, the area now known as Farmington was called West Parish, a section of Rochester that featured many farms. In 1798, residents and local government officials decided to separate the farms from Rochester and rename the area Farmington. In addition to farms, the area also featured several sawmills, and due to their presence and shipping out timber on the Cocheco River, some people referred to the area as Farmington Dock.
Shoe factories also popped up in the area, and in fact, Farmington was one of the first places to feature automated rather than manual labor shoe factories. Ulysses S. Grant’s vice president Henry Wilson was a shoe manufacturer who hailed from Farmington.
Do You Need Pest Control in Farmington?
If you have an infestation of rodents, insects, or other pests, a pest control professional can help you exterminate the pests and prevent them from returning to your space. To safeguard your family and employees against health risks and to minimize the potential for damage to your home, you should reach out for help as soon as possible.
Signs that you may have an infestation include the following:
- Rodents or insects — Often one pest means there are many more in the walls or floor cavities, especially if you see a nocturnal creature during the day
- Strange noises in the wall — Scurrying and scratching inside walls, ceilings, crawlspaces, or similar parts of your home indicate the presence of pest populations.
- Pest droppings — Rodents and other creatures leave telltale droppings in their wake.
- Signs of damage — Small holes along foundations or baseboards, gnaw marks in pantry items, nesting ripped from carpets, pin size holes with piles of sawdust underneath them can all indicate different types of pests in your home.
- Evidence of nesting — Mice take paper, carpet, and other soft items to make nests in walls or other hidden areas, while insects may leave paper nests on walls or along the eaves of your home or mounds of dirt in other areas.
- Musky smells — Rotting odors or musk-like smells can also mean that pests are in your home and potentially dying and rotting in certain areas.
Best Pest Control Methods
A quick walk through a hardware, grocery, or big box store reveals all kinds of pest control methods. You can find sprays, traps, poisons, and more. Many of these options work if you just have a lone pest in your home, but they are not well suited to address an extensive infestation.
To deal with an infestation, you need a pest professional who understands the habits and life cycles of pests in your area. Ideally, your pest control professional should assess your situation and customize an extermination plan that ensures the safety of your home or business while also being as effective as possible. Quality pest control experts take a multi-pronged approach that addresses how the pests are entering your space and what they’re doing to survive in terms of nesting and eating.
At Colonial Pest, we get rid of pests, and we make sure they don’t return. To learn more about pest control, exclusion services, preventative pest control, and more, contact us today. We look forward to helping you deal with the pests in Farmington, New Hampshire.